I finally managed to go through all the ZIPs in the repository and convert them to the new format: picobay.com/dtv_wiki/index.php?title=Repository_ZIP_format In other words, the ZIPs now contain PRGs instead of the dtvpacked format. Also, all file names in the zips have been converted, and the index.txt has been updated.
Only thing I have not done is to convert the sys-address for games that have a BASIC stub. SYS-addresses are still the same, and a few games even use 256 as SYS address, while the repository should use RUN in place of the SYS-address for all games that have a BASIC stub.
I did some testing on VICEplus of a large part of the games, at least verifying that they would start up. Only odd thing I noticed was that Quest For Tires seems to attempt loading from dev 8, and never starts (in VICEplus). But this was also true for the old version, so I believe my repository conversion has worked.
If anyone spots something that seems to be wrong, let me know.
Comment: Lines are terminated with CR or CR+LF. You should consider allowing LF which is used on many *nix systems including GNU/Linux. Just CR is rather uncommon I think.
Hehe. That is actually an error in the documentation. The normal line termination IS in fact LF, but I somehow got the \n messed up with CR. Actually, when I think about it, I think the way it is handled will allow any combination of CR and LF (also LF+CR as I think has been used on Mac, although I would think this is no longer true with OSX being *NIX-based. I'm not even sure just CR is supported.
In any case, since my script for converting the repository to the new format was run on GNU/Linux, all index.txt currently in the repository have only LF for line termination.